Quick facts about Kathryn Ashcroft!
- Native of Cache Valley, Utah.
- I have been creating art of some kind since the age of 5, working in oils since 2004.
- I spend countless hours outdoors with my husband.
- I will only paint animals that I have personally seen and studied in the wild.
- I try to include a bird, or evidence of a bird in every piece I paint. (Excluding very small paintings).
- I am self taught. Nature is my greatest teacher.
- I am also a Veterinary Technician.
- I grew up on a dairy farm. I was my Dad’s “right hand man” I have been working with animals all my life.
- I have 1 dog, 2 cats, 5 Cockatiels, 1 parakeet, 4 Rabbits and 1 snake.
- I have never met an animal I didn’t like, including all reptiles and insects.
- I am the mother of 4 boys, 3 are married. I am a Grandma!
- I am an easy going, laid back, country girl.