Artist, Painter | Medium: Oil, Caran d’ Ache | Read Artist Bio
Jian Wu graduated from the prestigious Art College of Qing Hua University (former Central Art and Crafts College of China) in 1984. During the period between his graduation and his emigration to the United States, Jian Wu was commissioned for works in five star hotels and his works were exhibited in China’s National Art Exhibitions.
In 1993, he went to study at the Graduate School of Academy of Art University in San Francisco, and joined the university’s faculty shortly. He received his Master of Fine Art degree in 2000.
As a professional artist, Jian has had solo exhibitions and participated in group shows in the States. He has won awards in nationwide professional art exhibitions and competitions.
His book Pastel Technique was published by China Youth Press in 2005. And a book of his oil painting collection, The Overseas Oil Painter of China Jian Wu , was published by China’s renowned publisher, Tianjin Peoples Fine Arts Publishing House in 2007. Jian Wu’s works have been collected throughout the United States and the world.
- Best Use of Light and Color THE BEST OF AMERICA! Eighteenth Annual Fine Art Competition and Exhibition of the National Oil and Acrylic Painters’ Society, 2007
- First Place of portrait and figure category Pastel Journal’s 9th annual Pastel 100 Competition, 2007
- Best Use of Light and Color THE BEST OF AMERICA! Sixteenth Annual Fine Art Competition and Exhibition of the National Oil and Acrylic Painters’ Society, 2005
- Second Place of portrait and figure catogory Pastel Journel’s 7th annual Pastel 100 Competition, 2005
- West Coast Award 33rd Annual Exhibition Pastel Society of America, 2005
- Clark Mitchell Award 19th Annual Exhibition Pastel Society of the West Coast, 2005
- Jurys Top 50 Salon International, 2005